Trainer/Owner - Karen Share
Hi, and welcome to my website! Here's a little bit about me and my training philosophies...
I have been training and helping others build a bond with their dogs for over 20 years. I believe that the right start is important for all dogs to become a welcome addition to any family. Through proactive and thoughtful exposure we empower our puppies to have confidence and feel safe in the world. I help coach people to do this by using scientifically proven positive methods to train new behaviours and build sound foundation skills, this way we have dogs that are active learners with manners that are welcome anywhere and can do anything!
Puppy Head Start and Private Training Sessions have been my passion for over 5 years now. I completed the Puppy Start Right Instructor Program and now offer various Puppy Start Right Classes. Other classes I currently offer are Foundations (older pups and adult dog), Next Step (puppy and Pups in the Park), Scent Detection, Canine Good Neighbour Skills practice and Rally Obedience Classes.
Volunteering also keeps me busy. Currently, I am an active member of the Campbell River Dog Fanciers, teaching classes, presenting workshops and trials.
In the past, I have volunteered in many positions such as helper, coach, and/or board member with the Roadsters Agility Club, the Sea 2 Sky Earthdog Group, President of VIPEG Barn Hunt Group and the prior to that with CRK9FX Flyball Group. In 2013, a business partner and I organized and started scent detection classes and trials on Vancouver Island. In 2017, working with a great bunch of ladies from the north island, we (VIPEG) hosted the first of many Barn Hunt trials on Vancouver Island. Next goal is to get a TOSS and FETCH LEAGUE started on the North Island!
I train, compete and have titled my dogs in agility, earthdog, flyball, freestyle, rally obedience, scent detection, Barn Hunt, and Trick Dog. We have also given disc dog competitions a go.
I share my home with a Border Terrier, German Shepherd and a little Pug.
-Karen Pryor Academy Dog Training and Behavior Program, graduated with distinction
- Certified Training Partner, CTP with KPA: Professional Member of the CAPDT : Professional Member of the APDT
- Completed Animal Care Aide Certificate program, North Island College
- CGN Evaluator for the Canadian Kennel Club
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI) for Do More With Your Dog
-Puppy Start Right for Instructors
-DogSafe Canine First Aid
- Think Again, Ken Ramirez
- Skills Galore Workshop, Julie Flannery
- Aggression Cases A-Z, Michael Shikashio
- Fear Free and Clinical Animal Behavior- workshop, Deb and Kenneth Martin
-OneMind Dog 4 day Workshop , Elina Janesniemi (agility)
-Susan Garrett, Say Yes Dog Training, Agility Nation, Handling 360, Contact Success, Recallers, Puppy Peaks (agility), HomeSchool the Dog
- Clicker Expo, conference (2021, 2020, 2019,2018, 2017, 2016, 2015)
- Lemonade Conference with the Fenzi Dog Sport Academy 2020
- Drive Building workshop, Tami McLeod
- Fenzi Dog Sports Academy: various subjects - online training courses and workshops
-Agility novice handling workshop, Jessica Martin
-Intro to Field Training (classes), Tracy Griffin
-Pawsitive Steps Agility Summer Camps and Outreach Workshops
-Obedience Workshop, Janice Gunn
-Ian Dunbar Seminar
-Nosework Workshop – SDDA
-Nosework Seminar – NASCW
-Dog Fitness Workshop, Kris Gara
-TTouch Workshop, Rachel Allen